Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Safes - Record Heat

The Safes' latest album, Record Heat, is exactly what I needed from them – an entire full-length LP of lean, quality rock. Their music is like a modern take on the classic 60's garage sound, but with a depth, and flavor that is uniquely theirs. This band was made for fans of The Ramones, The Kinks, and The Zombies to squeal over. The production on these ten tracks makes every spin a pleasure to listen to, and thanks to The Safes' uncanny knack for tasteful song arrangements, multiple listens will keep the headphone geeks coming back for more. The only negative criticism I have against it, is that I may have liked it SLIGHTLY more had the band switched the order of the last two tracks...but that's what iTunes is for, right? I really can't get enough of this. I'd gladly buy it again if I had to. Get it. - DC


No comments: