Thursday, September 09, 2010

North Coast Music Festival Day 2 Union Park Chicago

It was Saturday the second day of North Coast Music Fest and the weather was just right, with all 4 stages offering a variety of musical pallettes that would satisfy just about any type of music geek.


Soon after checkin in, I immediately caught up with the Canadian electronic band trio from The New Deal. They're style was a very energetic progressive breakbeat style that was felt throughout the Groupon Stage.



 

 



We then strolled off to the Coast Stage to catch the buzz off of Future Rock. Electronic rock with an attitude.


The night was not over yet...I made my way back to the Groupon Stage to catch that hip hop vibe that I have been following since my younger teenage years in the 90s. De La Soul was up next and it was truly a special moment for me being up close and personal with the whole crew. Dres of Black Sheep even joined in on the fun singing Engine 9 Chicago line style. This performance was the highlight of my night of Day 2 at the North Coast Music Festival.










After De La Soul's performance I made the quick trek back to the Coast Stage to see what Moby was up to...Moby was on the cd decks doing a live dj set.





No comments: